Who We Are
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) in the Greater Nashville Area.
- A grassroots peer-led nonprofit 501.c.3 grassroots organization dedicated to improving the lives of people with severe and persistent mental health issues and those of their loved ones through effective and innovative support, education and advocacy.
- We are family members, people with lived experience, people of many ages, cultures and stages in our lives.
- We are an independent affiliate to the state and national organizations and serve as one of 950 affiliates across the United States and Mexico.
Who We Serve
- People across all genders, ages, ethnicities, economics, social and cultural boundaries.
- We reach out to over 3500 individuals annually in Nashville, Antioch, Bellevue, Madison, Hermitage, West End, Bordeaux and throughout Davidson County.
- We serve individuals and their loved ones, parents and guardians, faith communities, people impacted by justice systems, veterans.
How We Help
- We offer hope for recovery through free, peer-led confidential support groups, education classes and our information and refererral Helpline.
- We combat stigma and promote understanding through our In our Own Voice stigma-busting presentations and our faith outreach program In the Spirit of Awareness: Mental Health in the Congregation.
- Our free education series is held each year between September and April with Vanderbilt University.
- We advocate locally in the justice systems and statewide through legislative advocacy.
- Call our weekday information and referral HelpLine 615.891.4724 for local resources, services and volunteer opportunities or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Give a gift with meaning. Your tax-deductible donation to NAMI Davidson in any amount funds HOPE, POTENTIAL, 2ND & 3RD CHANCES because sometimes that's what it takes to recover from a serious mental illness or co-occurring disorder. Our free services actually have overhead costs. Your gift helps with printing, phone and internet, travel and staff costs. Please donate today.| Like us on Facebook