NAMIWalks Greater Nashville Gallery & Video
2020 NAMIWalks Greater Nashville Thanks you
Donating to NAMIWalks Greater Nashville insures 100 % of your donations go to free direct support, education, advocacy, and awareness services for people in the Greater Nashville area. Last year we connected with 10,000 people. We had a great event just weeks ago, but our portal remains for donations through June 30 per NAMI policy and including NAMI’s National Day of Awareness May 30th.
With the great support of the people you will see below and many more, we surpassed our goal of $65,000. The generosity we experienced in donations and spirit was totally astounding and uplifting. Thank you! View our inspirational 2020 NAMIWalks Greater Nashville video below. It will brighten your day. Many thanks to intern Mackenzie Mellinger. You can also find it on on our NAMI Davidson YouTube Channel.
NAMI Davidson Co. joined the NAMI national walk movement as NAMIWalks Greater Nashville. You joined our fun, safe distraction for emotional wellness in a time when we all really needed it. Plans were in the works for our annual wellness celebration, but the pandemic had other plans for us. We pivoted from our in-person walk and created a virtual walk model. In a new age of social distancing, we created our “Walkin’” for Awareness” sneaker and put it into action. Just over 1900 people took up our cause from all over. Amazing!!
Your “Walkin’ Sneaker” Posts were amazing, funny, poignant – Visit the Gallery
Individual participants and teams were invited to “walk” from March 30 to April 30. They sent in their photos, and social media shares of safely distanced activities and sentiments to NAMI Davidson Co. after registering on the NAMIWalks Greater Nashville website. Your sneaker posts, social media posts and videos that were shared, captured the real spirit of the event. Entries were poignant, fun and filled with kindness.
Many Thanks to our 2020 Walk Event Sponsors
We especially appreciated you through the COVID-19 Crisis and the ongoing support of our services through your sponsorship
2020 Top Teams April 30, 2020 – Great Job!
A record 103 teams were formed with nearly 2,000 participants to make this year’s NAMIWalks Greater Nashville an astounding success. Top Teams are acknowledged for their team standings on April 30, 2020. Additional teams continued to contribute past that date.
- Team Vanderbilt Behavioral Health took time for the event while treating people during the COVID-19 event at their behavioral health hospital and retaining top team status. Congratulations!
- Verizon METS Team (Kornblatt), Team Verizon, Verizon Business Group – Team Guess, and Bklyn VPS4wrd and all who joined from Verizon were an energetic addition to our event. Local Verizon emoployees Jasmine Dockery, Joannie Crigger and Michel “Buck” Moore recommended the event to Verizon Corporate as a digital volunteer opportunity. Their individual actions ultimately led to NAMI Walks Greater Nashville being spotted by Manager Anna Hardin at the Verizon Consumer Group. Soon NAMIWalks Greater Nashville was adopted by Verizon team members across the country in a frenzy of participation. This led to tremendous support to the event and heartwarming outcomes in sharing mental health awareness.
- Cash for Cush, led by Kate Holderbaum in memory of her son Anthony Casciani, joined us again as the top Friends & Family team. They keep the bright spirit of Anthony, “Cush” to his buddies, alive as they inspire other young adults to seek help. We missed this year’s annual t-shirt from the team, but you can see Anthony’s latest picture on our NAMIWalks Greater Nashville team page.
- TriStar Skyline Madison behavioral health hospital has been our most creative fundraising team. This year’s plans went awry with COVID-19, but the team still came through while serving patients at the hospital.
- MTMHI (Middle Tennessee Mental Health Institute) Raising It High the regional state institute treating people with mental illness, was determined to meet goal this year. They did it and then some with an enthusiastic video created for posting. You will see them featured on our event video.
Walk Stars are individuals who personally raised and/or contributed at least $1000. We would like to thank and recognize the following Walk Stars: Alicia Guess, Evelyn Yeargin, Deborah Barron, Jake Bredinger, Dr. Stephan Heckers, Shannon Calvert. Many thanks for your generosity and leadership.
Your NAMIWalks Greater Nashville Support Team:
Robin Nobling, Karen German, Rachael Hausin, Mackenzie Mellinger, Jazmine Reyes, Julie Miller
Contact us: 615.891.4724 still answering from 9 am to 5pm weekdays firstname.lastname@example.org
Please donate on line at NAMIWalks Greater Nashville or send checks to:
Address: NAMI Davidson Co., 392 Harding Place, Ste 203, Nashville, TN 37211